Perfect role for an experienced Administrative Assistant, Practice Manager or Medical Receptionist ready for that next step, that thrives on the challenges of assisting the Director with expanding and growing the dynamic vision of the practice.
Willing to develop and train an experienced Medical Receptionist or Medical Secretary seeking to move into a Practice Manager role.
Senior Principal of a growing gastrointestinal health group requires a Practice Manager (or Medical Receptionist Medical Secretary) to assist with his day-to-day schedule, co-ordinate marketing, business development, ongoing projects, and personal affairs. The role will also involve providing medical secretarial assistance for the clinic when required.
The practice is an expert team focused on Gastrointestinal health, care and management and is located in one of Sydney’s newest private day hospitals in Alexandria. The team consists of a Practice Manager, Registered Nurse and reception staff.
- Take ownership of the role – grow and develop in your career
- Be an integral part of implementing the dynamic vision of the practice
- Excellent salary to reward you for your skills/experience
We are looking for a highly professional team player, who works well in a team environment and diligently on their own. Multi-tasking and efficiency is a must. This role is for someone willing to adapt, good with problem solving and take direction graciously.
The position is full-time Monday to Friday and reports to the Principal. There is parking available onsite.
Your general responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting the Principal with high-level administrative support, including meeting management and coordination, preparation of meeting materials, diary management etc.
- Maintaining a high level of organisation and time management to meet schedules and deadlines as required.
- Assist in maintaining appropriate systems, procedures and controls
- Undertake ongoing projects including the following projects
- Liaising/negotiating in relation to the set-up and fit-out of new medical business premises
- Co-ordinating investment properties documentation and maintenance
- Review costs in relation to new business ideas/expansion
- Efficient and prompt telephone, mail, and diary management
- Provide effective follow up to ensure issues are resolved adequately
- Coordinate and book travel as required
- Communicate with the Principal about key business and personal matters
- Undertake ongoing projects, business development and expansion, as well as marketing
- Maintain an effective and confidential record and filing system relating to personal and business matters
- Manage personal expenses, bookkeeping and reconcile all personal payments and reimbursements
- Event planning (including doctor’s education) and liaising with event providers
- Liaise with internal staff to provide medical secretarial support including:
- Make appointments and maintain electronic appointment booking systems, contact book, reminder systems
- Organising procedures with patients and liaising with the hospital
- Liaise with patients in a warm and welcoming manner
- Update and maintain patient details and maintain confidentiality at all times
- Patient clinic letters and report typing
- Managing GP and specialist referrals
- Bill patients and co-ordinate Medicare/DVA billings
- Other duties as directed by the specialist and practice manager
To be successful for this position, you will require the following attributes:
- Previous experience as a Practice Manager and/or Medical Secretary/Medical Receptionist
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, including the ability to work on multiple tasks/projects at any one time
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Confident demeanour and diplomacy with the ability to liaise with people at all levels
- Proficient use of computer/ Microsoft windows and ideally Best Practice software
- Understanding of Medicare Benefits Scheme and Health Funds
- Medical terminology knowledge ideal
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality in dealing with personal information and matters
- You strive for excellence and are committed to maintaining efficient and effective procedures
- Demonstrated ability to maintain absolute confidentiality regarding patient and practice information
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a successful team