This is a great opportunity for either an experienced medical receptionist/secretary or a medical receptionist with minimal experience seeking to further develop their medical administration skills.
We are a private specialist surgical practice located in Alexandria. The practice consists of 6 doctors.
The culture of the organisation is characterised by the highest standard of professionalism, integrity and providing an outstanding level of customer service, time, care and support to patients. The atmosphere is friendly, harmonious and respectful, with emphasis on leading-edge knowledge, technology and research.
All the team share the similar philosophy, work ethic and patient-focused approach.
The main objective of the role is to provide reception and administrative services to the patients, doctors and staff at the practice.
This is a full-time position working 5 days per week 38 hours 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
There is parking available on site at the premises.
The duties and responsibilities are:-
- You are the first point of contact/impression of the business so you will provide an outstanding level of customer service on the telephone and in meeting and greeting customers
- Efficient management of all patient data, appointments, procedures, clinical files, correspondence and accounts
- Scheduling and effective management of patient bookings in Genie software
- Processing patient invoicing and receipting of consultations
- Completion of end of day reconciliations (eftpos, credit card and cash)
- Preparation of correspondence via email, letters (editing and reformatting)
- Scanning, filing, mail/fax (retrieval and distribution) and photocopying
- Assist the Practice Manager with ad hoc administration duties as required
Your Skills & Knowledge
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:-
- Previous experience as a Medical Receptionist/Medical Secretary
- You are passionate about providing an exceptional level of customer service
- Compassionate, empathetic and warm disposition
- You are a quick learner and focused on learning and developing your medical administration skills
- A high standard of personal integrity – trustworthy, loyal and honest.
- An ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding all patient and practice matters
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Able to work well independently, but also as part of a team
- Great attention to detail
- Have the ability to connect and interact with people of all ages, background and personalities
- Enjoy being part of a professional, happy and highly focused team
Brand New Role!
Perfect role for a Practice Manager that doesn’t want the responsibility of managing staff and/or a Medical Secretary that would like to progress more into a PA/senior role.
Senior Principal of a growing gastrointestinal health group requires a Personal Assistant to assist with his day-to-day schedule, marketing, business development, ongoing projects, and personal affairs. The role will also involve providing medical secretarial assistance for the clinic when required.
The practice is an expert team focused on Gastrointestinal health, care and management and is located in one of Sydney’s newest private day hospitals in Alexandria. The team consists of a Practice Manager, Registered Nurse and reception staff.
- Newly created role – take ownership of the role
- Expanding and dynamic vision
- Excellent salary to reward you for your skills/experience
We are looking for a highly professional team player, who works well in a team environment and diligently on their own. Multi-tasking and efficiency is a must. This role is for someone willing to adapt, good with problem solving and take direction graciously.
The position is full-time Monday to Friday and reports to the Principal. There is parking available onsite.
Your general responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting the Principal with high-level administrative support, including meeting management and coordination, preparation of meeting materials, diary management etc.
- Maintaining a high level of organisation and time management to meet schedules and deadlines as required.
- Assist in maintaining appropriate systems, procedures and controls
- Undertake ongoing projects including the following projects
- Liaising/negotiating in relation to the set-up and fit-out of new medical business premises
- Co-ordinating investment properties documentation and maintenance
- Review costs in relation to new business ideas/expansion
- Efficient and prompt telephone, mail, and diary management
- Provide effective follow up to ensure issues are resolved adequately
- Coordinate and book travel as required
- Communicate with the Principal about key business and personal matters
- Undertake ongoing projects, business development and expansion, as well as marketing
- Maintain an effective and confidential record and filing system relating to personal and business matters
- Manage personal expenses, bookkeeping and reconcile all personal payments and reimbursements
- Event planning (including doctor’s education) and liaising with event providers
- Liaise with internal staff to provide medical secretarial support including:
- Make appointments and maintain electronic appointment booking systems, contact book, reminder systems
- Organising procedures with patients and liaising with the hospital
- Liaise with patients in a warm and welcoming manner
- Update and maintain patient details and maintain confidentiality at all times
- Patient clinic letters and report typing
- Managing GP and specialist referrals
- Bill patients and co-ordinate Medicare/DVA billings
- Other duties as directed by the specialist and practice manager
To be successful for this position, you will require the following attributes:
- Previous experience as a Practice Manager and/or Medical Secretary/Receptionist
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, including the ability to work on multiple tasks/projects at any one time
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Confident demeanour and diplomacy with the ability to liaise with people at all levels
- Proficient use of computer/ Microsoft windows and ideally Best Practice software
- Understanding of Medicare Benefits Scheme and Health Funds
- Medical terminology knowledge ideal
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality in dealing with personal information and matters
- You strive for excellence and are committed to maintaining efficient and effective procedures
- Demonstrated ability to maintain absolute confidentiality regarding patient and practice information
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a successful team
- Able to start early and finish late as required and occasional Saturdays