A dynamic, fast paced surgical practice has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Medical Secretary to join his team.
You will be relied on to provide superior customer service to patients both face to face and over the phone, dealing with a high intake of calls and enquiries as well as providing direct secretarial duties for a surgeon with a challenging workload.
Our client is a well-respected Orthopaedic Surgeon (specialising in foot and ankle) located at Crows Nest (Mater Hospital) with clinics at the San and Moore Park. The practice consists of a Practice Manager and three secretarial staff. The medical software used is Genie.
Utilise your natural flair for organisation and strong administration skills to support the doctor and patients.
This is a full-time position working Monday to Friday. The hours are:
Monday 6.45am – 3.15pm
Tuesday 6.30am – 3pm
Wednesday 8am – 4.30pm
Thursday 8am – 4.30pm
Friday 8am – 4.30pm.
There is parking available on-site. Salary will be dependent on the candidate’s previous skills and knowledge.
The duties and responsibilities are:-
- You are the first point of contact/impression of the business so you will provide an outstanding level of customer service on the telephone and in meeting and greeting customers
- Efficient management of all patient data, appointments, procedures, clinical files, correspondence and accounts
- Scheduling and effective management of patient bookings in Genie software (new, follow up, recall and confirmation)
- Provide information to patients on practice services and fees
- Management of patient invoicing and receipting of consultations (Medicare, DVA, Workers Compensation)
- Co-ordination of theatre lists and preparation of hospital admissions
- Completion of end of day reconciliations (eftpos, credit card and cash)
- Distribution of mail
- Scanning of documentation
- Admin support to the Practice Manager
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:-
- Previous experience as a Medical Receptionist/Medical Secretary, however previous experience working for a specialist will be highly regarded
- Previous experience working with Genie software is advantageous
- Warm, compassionate and caring manner towards patients
- Initiative and a pro-active attitude
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and stay calm in high pressure situations
- Effective decision making skills
- Presents well with exceptional communication skills.
- Strong team player, be
- You will be competent with database oriented software packages.
- A problem solver who can think outside the square
- Excellent people skills to relate well to patients, staff and health care professionals