Are you an experienced Administrative Assistant/Receptionist or Medical Receptionist that loves the idea of working for a variety of group specialists?
Great opportunity to join the medical industry and be trained in all areas of medical administration.
Our client is a specialist group practice with located at Kogarah. The practice consists of Rheumatologists, Neurologist, Nephrologist and a Pain Management specialist.
Perfect role for a administration assistant/receptionist/medical receptionist that enjoys working in a busy specialist practice attending to medical administration tasks.
This is a full-time position working Monday to Friday working at our Kogarah practice.
- Career in the medical industry – be trained in medical administration
- Full time role
- Salary $30-$35 per hour plus super
- Great team culture where you are appreciated and valued
The Duties and Responsibilities are:
- Providing an outstanding level of customer service in person and over the phone to patients and all health professional
- Answering phone calls for all our clinic locations
- Efficiently and accurately managing patient appointments, procedure bookings, inputting patient data and filing of correspondence using Blue Chip medical software. Efficient management of all patient data, appointments, procedures, clinical files, correspondence and accounts, using Genie medical software
- Formatting and uploading of outsourced typing
- Management of patient invoicing and receipting of consultations
- Completion of end of day reconciliations
- Liaising with other health care professionals and hospital staff
- Providing administration support to the Practice Manager
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Previous experience as a medical receptionist or is highly regarded, however willing to train an experienced administration assistant/receptionist from another industry who is eager for a career in the medical industry
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Professional, warm and friendly disposition
- A high standard of personal integrity – trustworthy, loyal and honest.
- An ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding all patient and practice matters.
- A brilliant administrator with excellent organisational and time management skills, able to multitask and establish efficient office systems.
- Ability to multitask and remain calm and efficient even when working in a busy and pressured environment[E1] .
- Able to work well independently, but also as part of a team.