You are sick of the long travel to work and yearning to work close to home or your are an experienced medical receptionist in a GP/Allied Health practice that would like to expand your experience and join a specialist practice.
You are looking for that ideal role working for a busy specialist surgeon that has a strong focus on patient care, be appreciated for your hard work/commitment and only working either four days per week or fulltime.
Then this is the role for you.
Our client is an Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeon located at Liverpool
The practice consists of another part-time Medical Secretary. The medical software used is Genie and it is a paperless environment.
- Work close to home
- Be valued and appreciated
- 4 – 5 days
The main objective of the role is to provide high quality front reception and administration assistance including medical typing.
We are seeking a Medical Secretary either full time or 4 days per week. The days are:
Monday, Thursday and Friday and each alternate week you will work a Tuesday and the following week a Wednesday. For example:
Week One – Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
Week Two – Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
Salary is negotiable depending upon previous skills and knowledge. Role can start once NSW hits its 70/80% double vaccination target.
The duties and responsibilities are:-
- Create a warm and welcoming environment to each and every patient
- Efficient management of all patient data, appointments, procedures, clinical files, correspondence and accounts
- Scheduling and effective management of patient bookings in Genie software (new, follow up, recall and confirmation)
- Provide quotation to patients on medical procedures
- Co-ordination theatre lists
- Management of patient invoicing and receipting of consultations (
- Completion of end of day reconciliations (eftpos, credit card and cash)
- Dictaphone typing of correspondence and reports
- Provide support to the full time Medical Secretary
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:-
- Previous experience as a Medical Secretary in a specialist practice is highly regarded, but not essential as willing to train a Medical Receptionist from a GP/Allied Health practice or from another industry
- Previous experience working with Genie software would be highly regarded. However, a good working knowledge of computerised booking and accounting systems is essential
- Professional, warm, compassionate and caring manner towards patients
- Initiative and a pro-active attitude
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- A problem solver who can think outside the square
- Excellent people skills to relate well to patients, staff and health care professionals
- An accurate and efficient typist, who has experience using the dictaphone