This specialist practice is seeking a Medical Receptionist/Typist to join their team based at Newcastle.
No two days will be the same as one day you juggle reception and the next day attend to the medical typing.
Bring your medical reception, medical typing and Genie experience to join this wonderful team.
The role is for 3-4 days per week. This role will initially commence as a casual position and after a qualifying period, progress into a permanent part-time role.
The duties and responsibilities are:-
- Provide a superior level of customer service on the telephone and in meeting and greeting patients.
- Efficient management of all patient data, appointments, procedures, clinical files, correspondence and accounts
- Scheduling and effective management of patient bookings in Genie software (new, follow up, recall and confirmation)
- Dictaphone typing of letters and reports (about 50% of the role)
- Provide information to patients on practice services and fees
- Management of patient invoicing and receipting of consultations (Medicare, DVA, Workers Compensation) as well as invoicing of surgical procedures
- Completion of end of day reconciliations (eftpos, credit card and cash)
- Other duties as directed by the Senior Medical Secretary/Practice Manager
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:-
- Previous experience as a medical typist is essential
- Medical reception experience working for a specialist, however experience working for a surgeon will be highly regarded
- Previous experience working with Genie software is essential
- A professional and articulate manner
- You are exemplary in customer service excellence to enable you to liaise with patients and promote the practice
- Warm, compassionate and caring manner towards patients
- Initiative and a pro-active attitude
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Experienced medical typist with a minimum speed of 60wpm
- You are comfortable working in a practice that embraces digital technology
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- A problem solver who can think outside the square
- Excellent people skills to relate well to patients, staff and health care professionals
- Flexibility to be able to provide additional coverage for sick and annual leave
- Enjoy working in a team environment