This role is not for the faint hearted. You are a Practice Manager/Senior Medical Secretary that is a natural born leader who is hands-on, relish in working in a fast-paced surgical environment, can juggle many balls in the air at the one time and are seeking a role that compliments your strong organisational skills, high standards and customer service excellence.
You thrive on the challenges of further developing an existing busy practice and growing your role in the practice to achieve ongoing business success, innovation, employee engagement and future development.
The practice is a specialist obstetrics and gynaecology practice (with a strong focus on high risk obstetrics) located in Wollongong. The team consists of two specialists and allied health practitioners.
You will be working in an environment that is dedicated to ensuring that patients receive the highest level of patient care in a professional and comfortable environment. You will be an ambassador of these values and will continue to develop and nurture this culture within the team.
The main objective of this role is to oversee the management of the daily operations of the practice, including developing, implementing and utilising systems that support effective service delivery.
Your role will also be hands on in assisting with practice clinics and secretarial/PA duties.
You understand that your role is to ensure that everything gets done by the team to support a busy surgical practice.
This is a full time position, however will consider 4 days per week for the right candidate.
The salary offered is dependent upon your previous skills and knowledge.
The duties and responsibilities are:
- Provide quality leadership through clear direction, inspiration and motivation within the team
- Provide overall daily supervision and leadership to the team
- Recruitment of administration/clinical staff and induction of new employees
- Ongoing monitoring, training and performance management of staff
- Provide ongoing planning, co-ordination, monitoring and evaluation of all aspects relating to the practice, and implement improvements/changes where necessary
- Ensure the delivery and standard of the organisations’ processes and procedures are maintained at a high standard and accommodate the future growth of the practice
- Communicate effectively with the Principal in relation to issues pertaining to the practice and to monitor goals/objectives
- Monitoring and maintenance of office and medical equipment
- Ensure legal compliance by implementing and monitoring applicable HR best practices systems, risk management and WHS
- Oversee patient appointment scheduling and email communication with patients
- Management and co-ordination of billings (consultation and surgical and health funds)
- Evaluate and monitor practice expenses
- In conjunction with the Principal, develop business and strategic plans and marketing initiatives to promote the growth and further success of the practice.
- Nurture and develop strong relationships with healthcare professionals within the health community
To be successful in this position, you will have the following attributes:-
- Previous experience as a Practice Manager/Senior Medical Secretary in a busy private surgical specialist practice
- Competent in using Genie medical software and Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- You understand the operational functions within a specialist practice and the importance of a Practice Manager role in ensuring the smooth operational daily function and in communicating with the Principal Surgeon
- Dynamic, enthusiastic, self-motivated and thrive on working in a fast-paced environment, with a role providing challenges and diversity
- Able to work to deadlines and adapt to changing conditions with the ability to generate effective solutions to new situations and problems as they are presented
- Highly organised to effectively plan ahead to anticipate problems
- A high level of communication and interpersonal skills to be able to interact with all levels of people
- Committed to ongoing professional development to ensure you are kept up to date with changes to legislation and regulations
- Passionate, energetic, results-focused and a ‘can do’ attitude. You are committed to a high level of integrity and professional standards