A highly regarded Orthopaedic Specialist has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Receptionist/Secretary to join his team.
You will be relied on to provide superior customer service to patients both face to face and over the phone, dealing with a high intake of calls and enquiries as well as providing direct secretarial duties for a surgeon with a challenging workload.
Our client is a well respected Orthopaedic Surgeon located at Woolloomooloo. The practice consists of a Practice Manager and a Medical Receptionist. The medical software used is Blue Chip.
This role is for fulltime position days per week, however would also consider 4 day per week for the right czndidate. The hours are 8.30am to 4pm.. Salary will be dependent on the candidate’s previous skills and knowledge.
This role reports to the Practice Manager.
The duties and responsibilities are:-
- You are the first point of contact/impression of the business so you will provide an outstanding level of customer service on the telephone and in meeting and greeting customers
- Efficient management of all patient data, appointments, procedures, clinical files, correspondence and accounts
- Scheduling and effective management of patient bookings in Blue Chip software (new, follow up, recall and confirmation)
- Provide information to patients on practice services and fees
- Management of patient invoicing and receipting of consultations (Medicare, DVA, Workers Compensation)
- Completion of end of day reconciliations (eftpos, credit card and cash)
- Print, mail and file outgoing correspondence
- Back up assistance when the Practice Manager is absent
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:-
- Previous experience as a Medical Receptionist and/or Medical Secretary, however previous experience working for a specialist will be highly regarded
- Previous experience working with Blue Chip software is advantageous
- Warm, compassionate and caring manner towards patients
- Initiative and a pro-active attitude
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and stay calm in high pressure situations
- Effective decision making skills
- Presents well with exceptional communication skills.
- Strong team player, be motivated and have good attention to detail.
- You will be competent with database oriented software packages.
- A problem solver who can think outside the square
- Excellent people skills to relate well to patients, staff and health care professionals