Sick of working 5 days per week? Love a day off and work only 4 days per week?
This role would suit an experienced specialist Medical Receptionist or a Medical Receptionist from a GP/allied health practice desiring to expand their medical administration skills in a specialist practice.
The practice is the largest private orthopaedic centres in Australia located in the Mater Hospital North Sydney. The Orthopaedic Surgeon that focuses on surgery of the hip and knee and orthopaedic trauma.
The culture is characterised by a professional, compassionate, caring and attentive approach to patients, by taking the time to listen and explain medical procedures in an easy to understand language.
We require a Medical Receptionist to be based in North Sydney. Your role will predominantly be responsible for running the clinic days, however there will be the opportunity to become involved in co-ordinating surgical procedures and hospital admissions.
This is a permanent part-time position working 4 days per week., however may consider 3 days per week for the right candidate. There is a degree of flexibility in the selection of which 4 days you choose to work (however Wednesday is required).
The salary offered is dependent upon the candidate’s previous skills and knowledge.
The medical software system is Genie and it is a paperless environment.
The Duties and Responsibilities are:
- Providing an outstanding level of customer service in person and over the phone to patients and all health professional
- Efficiently and accurately managing patient appointments, procedure bookings, inputting patient data and filing of correspondence using Genie medical software
- Editing and formatting of letters and reports
- Processing of patient consultations
- Completion of end of day reconciliations
- Ensure the delivery and standard of the organisations’ processes and procedures are maintained at a high standard
- Nurture and develop strong relationships with healthcare professionals within the health community
To be successful in this position, you will have the following attributes:-
- Previous Medical Receptionist experience in a specialist practice will be highly regarded, however happy to consider a Medical Receptionist from a GP/allied health practice seeking to further their career
- A good working knowledge of medical and accounting software systems. Previous experience with Genie is highly regarded
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High level of attention to detail
- You are warm by nature and display professionalism at all times
- Tolerance, strong empathy and compassion
- A high standard of personal integrity – trustworthy, loyal and honest.
- Maintain confidentiality in relation to patient information and practice matters
- You take pride in providing a high standard of work and work values
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Remain calm and work well under pressure and in a busy environment
- Able to work well independently, but also as part of a team.