Jobs > Administrative Assistant
Are you an experienced Receptionist, Administrative Assistant or Medical Receptionist that would love the opportunity to work within the medical industry? You love interacting with people and are now ready to take your reception and admin skills to a role where you are making a difference by helping people.
Our client is a hand therapy centre located at Westmead consisting of therapists in physiotherapy and occupational therapy.
The culture of the organisation is characterised by the highest standard of professionalism, integrity and providing an outstanding level of customer service, time, care and support to patients.
All the team share the similar philosophy, work ethic and patient-focused approach.
Perfect role for a receptionist/administrative assistant that enjoys working in a busy environment and being an integral member in the first impression of the company.
This is a full time position working 38 hours per week.
The duties and responsibilities are:-
- You are the first point of contact/impression of the business so you will provide an outstanding level of customer service on the telephone and in meeting and greeting customers
- Efficient management of all patient data, appointments, procedures, clinical files, correspondence and accounts
- Scheduling and effective management of patient bookings
- Provide information to patients on practice services and fees
- Manage practice emails
- Management of patient invoicing and receipting of consultations
- Completion of end of day reconciliations (eftpos, credit card and cash)
- Stock control and ordering
- Scanning, filing, mail/fax (retrieval and distribution) and photocopying
- Liaising with insurance companies and employers for claim details and relevant information
- Communicate with doctors and allied health practitioners regarding referrals
- Assist the Principal Hand Therapist with ad hoc administration duties as required
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:-
- Previous experience as a Receptionist or Administrative Assistant. Medical receptionist experience is not essential as willing to train the right candidate
- You are passionate about providing an exceptional level of customer service
- Demonstrate personal integrity – trustworthiness, loyalty and honesty
- An ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding all patient and practice matters
- Competent in Microsoft office (Word, Excel) and comfortable working with digital technology
- A brilliant administrator with excellent organisational and time management skills
- Able to work well independently, but also as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Have the ability to connect and interact with people of all ages, background and personalities
- Enjoy being part of a professional, happy and highly focused team