Jobs > Medical Receptionist Darlinghurst
Are you a receptionist that loves a fast paced environment, diverse role, juggling more than one ball in the air at one time? Then, this is the perfect team for you to join.
You would be either an experienced medical receptionist or a receptionist that is now seeking a career change into the medical industry.
Our client is a day hospital specialist group located in St Vincent’s Private Clinic, Darlinghurst, providing excellence in diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy since 1990.
The hospital focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of diseases and disorders of the gastrointestinal tract.
The culture is characterised by a strong team unit, with a commitment to quality customer service, professionalism and team camaraderie. Management are very supportive in ongoing learning and development within the workplace and provide a workplace environment that is one where you will enjoy coming to work and where you will be rewarded for your efforts.
The group consists of 9 specialists, nursing staff and a large administration/support team. The medical software system is Blue Chip.
The position is a full time position working Monday to Friday on a rotating roster working between 7-10.45am to 4- 7 pm covering Admissions, Discharge, Telephone and Front desk, giving you numerous skills in all aspects of a day hospital. Your roster will consist of working one day each week in each of the areas.
You will receive a comprehensive induction training programme to enable you to learn all about day hospital administration processes and procedures and to perform efficiently and effectively in your role.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Providing an exceptional level of customer service in meeting and greeting patients and visitors
- Answering of phones and taking / following up messages from voicemail
- Liaising with health funds, Medicare and DVA
- Co-ordinating specialists’ diaries and surgery lists
- Attending to patient admissions
- Discharging of patients after procedure
- Filing, photocopying and other clerical duties as required
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Previous medical reception and hospital administration experience ideal, however not essential as onsite training will be provided
- Experience using Blue Chip will be highly advantageous
- Previous experience working with a variety of different work styles and personalities
- You will be highly professional, well presented and have excellent patient liaison skills
- You are meticulous in nature and take pride in providing a high level of work standards
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Comfortable handling confidential and sensitive patient information
- Work well under pressure