Jobs > Medical Receptionist/Secretary
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced Medical Receptionist/Secretary that would love the opportunity of working closer to home working for a growing surgical practice located in Norwest Bella Vista.
Our client is new practice established 6 months ago in Norwest and is experiencing rapid growth. Working with this practice, you will be a part of a professional and very caring practice that excels in providing a high level of patient care. The practice is committed to strong work ethics and values and is seeking an experienced Medical Receptionist that can be an ambassador of these ethics.
Currently there are two part time Medical Receptionists and a Practice Manager. The medical software used is Genie software.
This main objective of the role is provide a high level of front reception and administration duties.
This is a full-time position, however 4 days per week may be considered for the right candidate.
This role reports to the Practice Manager and Principal Surgeon.
The duties and responsibilities are:-
- You are the first point of contact/impression of the business so you will provide an outstanding level of customer service on the telephone and in meeting and greeting customers
- Efficient management of all patient data, appointments, procedures, clinical files, correspondence and accounts
- Scheduling and effective management of patient bookings in Genie software (new, follow up, recall and confirmation)
- Dictaphone typing of letters and reports
- Provide information to patients on practice services and fees
- Management of patient invoicing and receipting of consultations (Medicare, DVA, Workers Compensation) as well as invoicing of surgical procedures
- Completion of end of day reconciliations (eftpos, credit card and cash)
- Other duties as directed by the Practice Manager
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:-
- Previous experience as a Medical Receptionist/Secretary working for a specialist, however experience working for a surgeon will be highly regarded
- Previous experience working with Genie software is highly regarded
- A professional and articulate manner
- You are exemplary in customer service excellence to enable you to liaise with patients and promote the practice
- Warm, compassionate and caring manner towards patients
- Initiative and a pro-active attitude
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Experience medical typist with a minimum speed of 60wpm
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- A problem solver who can think outside the square
- Excellent people skills to relate well to patients, staff and health care professionals
- Flexibility to be able to provide additional coverage for sick and annual leave
- Enjoy working in a team environment
To apply for this position, please email your resume to Bernadette Beach firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Medical Receptionist/Secretary – Norwest.
For telephone enquiries, please phone Bernadette on 0414 943 541.