Jobs > Medical Receptionist/Typist
Are you an experienced Medical Receptionist/Medical Typist that loves the idea of working for a very busy surgical practice?
Our client is a specialist surgeon practice with rooms located in the Newcastle area.
The practice is committed to providing high quality medical assessment and treatment, in a friendly environment and are seeking an experienced Medical Receptionist/Medical Typist that can join their team providing a high level of professionalism, customer service and quality administration support.
The computerised booking and accounting system used is Genie.
Perfect role for a Medical Receptionist that enjoys working in a busy specialist practice working on front reception interacting with patients as well as having focused time on completing the Medical typing.
This is a full-time position working Monday to Friday 4.5 days.
The Duties and Responsibilities are:
- Providing an outstanding level of customer service in person and over the phone to patients and all health professional
- Efficiently and accurately managing patient appointments,
- Efficient management of all patient data, appointments, procedures, clinical files, correspondence and accounts, using Genie medical software
- Dictaphone typing of medical letters and reports
- Management of patient invoicing and receipting of consultations
- Completion of end of day reconciliations
- Liaising with other health care professionals and hospital staff
- Providing administration support to the Practice Manager
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Previous medical secretary (reception and typing) experience in a Specialist practice
- Experience using Genie software is highly desirable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in medical typing with a minimum speed of 50wpm
- Excellent attention to detail
- Professional, warm and friendly disposition
- A high standard of personal integrity – trustworthy, loyal and honest.
- An ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding all patient and practice matters.
- A brilliant administrator with excellent organisational and time management skills, able to multitask and establish efficient office systems.
- Ability to multitask and remain calm and efficient even when working in a busy and pressured environment[.
- Able to work well independently, but also as part of a team.
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting: Medical Receptionist/Medical Typist.