Jobs > Medical Receptionist
A brand-new specialist practice has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Medical Receptionist to join the team.
You desire to make a difference each day by utilising your superior customer service and medical administration skills in an environment that focuses on exemplary patient care and wellbeing.
The position is in a new practice opening in July 2021. The practice is located in the Northern Beaches Hospital and specialises in pain medicine providing personalised pain management treatments and day hospital/hospital procedures.
Your role will report to the Practice Coordinator. The practice management software is Clinic to Cloud.
You will be working in an environment that is dedicated to ensuring that patients receive the highest level of patient care in a professional and comfortable environment. You will be an ambassador of these values and will continue to develop and nurture this culture within the team.
Your role is to work autonomously and in conjunction with the Practice Coordinator to ensure that front reception runs efficiently through your time-management, productivity and meticulous attention to detail. You will also provide an admirable level of customer service skills and care to patients on the phone and face-to-face.
The position will commence part-time working 2.5 days and the hours are as follows:
Monday 12.30pm to 5pm
Tuesday 8.15am to 5.45pm
Wednesday 10am to 5.45pm
The duties and responsibilities are:
- Efficient management of all patient data, appointments, procedures, clinical files, correspondence and accounts
- Scheduling and effective management of patient bookings in Clinic to Cloud software
- Provide information to patients on practice services and fees
- Management of patient invoicing and receipting of consultations
- Completion of end of day reconciliations (eftpos, credit card and cash)
- Prepare and submit theatre lists under the direction of the Practice Coordinator
- Scanning, filing, mail/fax (retrieval and distribution)
- Assist the Practice Coordinator with administration duties as required
- Develop relationships with referrers by responding to referral requests promptly and providing effective communication to them
- Appreciation and value – a place where your hard work is valued
- Salary commensurate with skills and knowledge
- Complimentary car parking on-site
- Ongoing professional development after qualifying period
To be successful in this position, you will have the following attributes:-
- Previous experience as a Medical Receptionist in a medical environment
- You are passionate about providing an exceptional level of customer service
- Compassionate, empathetic and warm disposition
- An ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding all patient and practice matters
- A high standard of work ethic
- A brilliant administrator with excellent organisational and time management skills
- Competent in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and ability to make good use of technology for efficiency and service
- Able to work well independently, but also as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with people of all ages, background and personalities
- Enjoy being part of a professional, happy and highly focussed team