Jobs > Medical Receptionist
Would you like a busy, challenging role
working full time hours in 4 days?
This is an ideal role if you have recently entered the medical industry as a medical receptionist and/or work in a GP or allied health practice, but seeking to grow and develop your medical administration skills in a specialist environment.
Use your outstanding customer service skills and come work for a practice that makes a difference in women’s health.
Our client is a Women’s Health Clinic dedicated to caring for the reproductive health of women of all ages. The services include general gynaecology, obstetrics, endometriosis and pelvic pain, menstrual disorders, surgery, adolescent and paediatric gynaecology, ultrasound, physiotherapy, naturopathy, homeopathy and herbal medicine.
The practice consists of a team of obstetricians & gynaecologists. The medical software system used is Genie and it is a paperless environment.
The culture of the organisation is characterised by the highest standard of professionalism, integrity and providing an outstanding level of customer service, time, care and support to patients. The atmosphere is friendly, harmonious and respectful, with emphasis on leading-edge knowledge, technology and research.
All the team share the similar philosophy, work ethic and patient-focused approach.
The main objective of the role is to provide reception and administrative services to the patients, doctors and staff at the practice.
This full time position working 38 hours in 4 days – one day off per week. The days are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday andThursday 8am to 6pm.
There is parking available on site at the premises.
The duties and responsibilities are:-
- You are the first point of contact/impression of the business so you will provide an outstanding level of customer service on the telephone and in meeting and greeting customers
- Efficient management of all patient data, appointments, procedures, clinical files, correspondence and accounts
- Scheduling and effective management of patient bookings in Genie software (new, follow up, recall and confirmation)
- Processing patient invoicing and receipting of consultations (Medicare, DVA, Workers Compensation) as well as invoicing of surgical procedures
- Completion of end of day reconciliations (eftpos, credit card and cash)
- Preparation of correspondence via email, letters (editing and reformatting)
- Scanning, filing, mail/fax (retrieval and distribution) and photocopying
- Assist the Practice Manager with ad hoc administration duties as required
Your Skills & Knowledge
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:-
- Previous experience as a Medical Receptionist within a medical environment, even if it is minimum experience. However, you will require a ‘can do’, enthusiastic attitude and excellent work ethics
- You are passionate about providing an exceptional level of customer service
- Compassionate, empathetic and warm disposition
- A high standard of personal integrity – trustworthy, loyal and honest.
- An ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding all patient and practice matters
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Able to work well independently, but also as part of a team.
- Great attention to detail
- Have the ability to connect and interact with people of all ages, background and personalities
- Enjoy being part of a professional, happy and highly focused team
Please forward your resume to email@example.com quoting: Medical Receptionist Randwick.
For telephone enquiries, please telephone Bernadette on 0414 943 541.