Jobs > Administrative Assistant/Receptionist
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Administrative Assistant that would love a career in the medical industry or an experienced medical receptionist/medical secretary looking for that next exciting role.
Join this growing practice with a dynamic vision – plenty of career progression opportunities within the practice.
We are a private specialist surgical practice located in Alexandria. The practice consists of 6 doctors.
The culture of the organisation is characterised by the highest standard of professionalism, integrity and providing an outstanding level of customer service, time, care and support to patients. The atmosphere is friendly, harmonious and respectful, with emphasis on leading-edge knowledge, technology and research.
All the team share the similar philosophy, work ethic and patient-focused approach.
- Career progression opportunities as group is growing
- Salary $60-$70K depending upon experience
- Parking onsite
- Fulltime position 9am-5pm
The main objective of the role is to provide administrative assistance, reception and medical administration services to the patients, doctors and staff at the practice.
This is a full-time position working 5 days per week 38 hours 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
There is parking available on site at the premises.
The duties and responsibilities are:-
- You are the first point of contact/impression of the business so you will provide an outstanding level of customer service on the telephone and in meeting and greeting customers
- Efficient management of all patient data, appointments, procedures, clinical files, correspondence and accounts
- Scheduling and effective management of patient bookings in Genie software
- Processing patient invoicing and receipting of consultations
- Completion of end of day reconciliations (eftpos, credit card and cash)
- Preparation of correspondence via email, letters (editing and reformatting)
- Scanning, filing, mail/fax (retrieval and distribution) and photocopying
- Assist the Practice Manager with ad hoc administration duties as required
Your Skills & Knowledge
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:-
- Previous experience as a Medical Receptionist/Medical Secretary attending to medical administration tasks within a medical practice is highly regarded. However, willing to train an experienced Administrative Assistant with a passion for customer service, quick learned and a proactive attitude
- You are passionate about providing an exceptional level of customer service
- Compassionate, empathetic and warm disposition
- You are a quick learner and focused on learning and developing your medical administration skills
- A high standard of personal integrity – trustworthy, loyal and honest.
- An ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding all patient and practice matters
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Able to work well independently, but also as part of a team
- Great attention to detail
- Have the ability to connect and interact with people of all ages, background and personalities
- Enjoy being part of a professional, happy and highly focused team