Jobs > Medical Secretary Part-Time
Do you enjoy utilising your Medical Secretary expertise, but only want to work part-time? This is a great role for someone that wants the security and stability of working for a well-established surgeon.
4 days per week would be the perfect fit for the practice, however will consider 3 days per week for the right candidate.
kA busy Plastic & Reconstructive surgical practice with rooms located at Newtown and Strathfield.
The surgeon works at 3 hospitals private and public, as well as having an academic appointment at Univ of Sydney
There is liaison with the administrative officers and operating theatre staff at all 3 hospitals.
The practice employs two secretaries and a Practice nurse, with this particular role being part time, 3-4 days per week.
The practice uses Shexie medical practice software
The days to be worked will be within Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, with the hours partially negotiable.
The office is open 8:00 am to 5:00 pm ,and there will be overlapping with the principal secretary.
Salary will be dependent on the candidate’s previous skills and knowledge.
The duties and responsibilities are:-
- Create a warm and welcoming environment to each and every patient, providing effective customer service over the telephone and in person
- Efficient management of all patient data, appointments, procedures, clinical files, correspondence and accounts
- Scheduling and management of patient bookings in Shexie software
- Provide Estimates of Fees to patients for surgical procedures in conjunction with the surgeon
- Co-ordination of surgical theatre lists and hospital admissions
- Provide information to patients on practice services and fees
- Management of patient invoicing and receipting of consultations (Medicare, DVA, Workers Compensation) as well as invoicing of surgical procedures
- Completion of end of day reconciliations (eftpos, credit card and cash)
- Transcription typing of correspondence and reports
- Ensure all systems, processes and procedures are working efficiently and effectively
- Work in conjunction with the full time Medical Secretary to ensure the day runs smoothly and efficiently.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:-
- Previous experience as a Medical Secretary working for a surgeon would be highly desirable
- Previous experience working with Shexie software would be desirable. However, a good working knowledge of computerised booking and accounting systems is essential
- A good working knowledge of Medicare and health fund billing, within private practice and the public and private hospital system
- A professional and articulate manner
- Warm, compassionate and caring manner towards patients
- Initiative and a pro-active attitude
- Enthusiastic and positive about your role
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- A problem solver who can think outside the square
- Excellent people skills to relate well to patients, staff and health care professionals
- An accurate and efficient typist, who has experience with transcription typing
If you would like to discuss the role in further detail, please contact Bernadette on 0414 943 541.
To apply for this position, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting: Medical Secretary Part Time – Newtown.