Jobs > Medical Secretary Part-time
Love the challenges and diversity working for specialists, but only seeking part-time hours?
Specialist practice located in Fitzroy requires a part-time Medical Secretary 3 days per week.
Our client is a specialist practice located in Fitzroy that excels in providing a high level of patient care.
The culture is characterised by a team of dedicated, committed professionals and support staff. The medical software system used is Genie.
The practice currently consists of 2 specialists but will be expanding with more specialists in early 2020.
You will be providing secretarial support to two specialists.
The role is a permanent part-time position working 3 days per week. You can work either Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday or Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. The hours are 8.30am to 5pm.
An attractive salary is on offer to reward you for your level of experiences, skills and knowledge.
The duties and responsibilities are:-
- Providing an outstanding level of customer service in person on reception and over the phone to patients and all health professional
- Efficiently and accurately managing patient appointments, procedure bookings, inputting patient data and filing of correspondence using Genie medical software
- Management of patient invoicing and receipting of consultations (Medicare, DVA, Workers Compensation) as well as invoicing of surgical procedures
- Dictaphone typing of letters and reports
- Co-ordinate surgical bookings and theatre lists
- Liaising with patients to complete admission and procedure forms as well as to explain preparation requirements for procedures
- Completion of end of day reconciliations
- Provide information to patients on practice services and fees
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:-
- Previous experience as a Medical Secretary working for a specialist
- Previous experience working with Genie software is highly regarded
- A professional and articulate manner
- Warm, compassionate and caring manner towards patients
- Initiative and a pro-active attitude
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Experience medical typist with a minimum speed of 60wpm
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- A problem solver who can think outside the square
- Excellent people skills to relate well to patients, staff and health care professionals
- Flexibility to be able to provide additional coverage for sick and annual leave
- Enjoy working in a team environment
To apply for this position, please email your resume to Bernadette Beach email@example.com quoting Medical Secretary Fitzroy
For telephone enquiries, please phone Bernadette on 0414 943 541.