Jobs > Medical Secretary
Are you an experienced Medical Receptionist/Secretary that loves a fast-paced environment, diverse role, juggling more than one ball in the air at one time? Then, this is the perfect team for you to join.
Our client is one of Sydney’s highly-regarded and leading surgeons in their niche specialty area located in St Vincent’s Darlinghurst
The team consists of 2 full time specialist surgeons, 2 sessional specialist surgeons, a Nurse Practitioner, Director and Practice Manager. The medical software system is Genie.
What Your Work Environment is Like
The culture of the organisation is characterised by the highest standard of professionalism, integrity and providing an outstanding level of customer service, time, care and support to patients. The atmosphere is friendly, harmonious and respectful, with emphasis on leading-edge knowledge, technology and research.
All the team share the similar philosophy, work ethic and patient-focused approach.
Your New Role
Your role is to work collaboratively with the team to ensure that each and every day runs efficiently and smoothly for the surgeons through your time-management and organisational skills, productivity and meticulous attention to detail. You will also provide an admirable level of customer service skills and care to patients on the phone and face-to-face.
Working autonomously doesn’t phase you as you enjoy sinking your teeth into your work to get the job done and easily work well within a team environment working cohesively with the team.
The duties and responsibilities are:-
- Efficient management of all patient data, appointments, procedures, clinical files, correspondence and accounts
- Scheduling and effective management of patient bookings in Genie software
- Provide information to patients on practice services and fees
- Management of patient invoicing and receipting of consultations
- Completion of end of day reconciliations (eftpos, credit card and cash)
- Stock control and ordering
- Uploading of medical typing (editing and reformatting)
- Scanning, filing, mail/fax (retrieval and distribution) and photocopying
- Assist the Practice Manager and surgeons with ad hoc administration duties as required
Your Skills & Knowledge
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:-
- Previous experience as a Medical Receptionist/Secretary in a medical environment
- You are not faint-hearted and thrive on the buzz of working in a fast-paced busy surgical practice
- You are passionate about providing an exceptional level of customer service, compassionate, empathetic, with a warm disposition
- An ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding all patient and practice matters.
- A high standard of work ethic – self-motivated, pro-active, takes pride in work.
- A brilliant administrator with excellent organisational and time management skills
- Excellent numeracy skills and attention to detail
- Have the ability to connect and interact with people of all ages, background and personalities
- Enjoy being part of a professional, happy and highly focused team
Please forward your resume to email@example.com quoting: Medical Receptionist/Secretary-Darlinghurst. .