Jobs > Medical Typist/Receptionist
This practice is growing and needs dynamic, admin savvy staff to join their wonderful team.
A diverse role offering reception and typing duties in a busy surgical practice.
Located in Newcastle, this surgical practice is dedicated and committed to providing an exemplary level of patient care and excellent support from the administration team.
It is a cohesive team that are ambassadors of the practice’s values encompassing a high level of professionalism, respect for each other and commitment to high standards.
The medical software system used is Genie and is a paperless environment.
Due to the practice expanding, we require additional administration staff.
The role is for 2 days per week – Monday and Wednesday (8.30am to 5pm). This role will initially commence as a casual position, with a view to an increase in hours and becoming a permanent part-time position.
This role would suit if you enjoy the buzz of working on a busy front desk as well as the diversity of attending to the medical typing.
The duties and responsibilities are:-
- Provide a superior level of customer service on the telephone and in meeting and greeting patients.
- Efficient management of all patient data, appointments, procedures, clinical files, correspondence and accounts
- Scheduling and effective management of patient bookings in Genie software (new, follow up, recall and confirmation)
- Dictaphone typing of letters and reports (about 50% of the role)
- Provide information to patients on practice services and fees
- Management of patient invoicing and receipting of consultations (Medicare, DVA, Workers Compensation) as well as invoicing of surgical procedures
- Completion of end of day reconciliations (eftpos, credit card and cash)
- Other duties as directed by the Senior Medical Secretary/Practice Manager
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:-
- Previous experience as a medical typist is essential
- Medical reception experience working for a specialist, however experience working for a surgeon will be highly regarded
- Previous experience working with Genie software is essential
- A professional and articulate manner
- You are exemplary in customer service excellence to enable you to liaise with patients and promote the practice
- Warm, compassionate and caring manner towards patients
- Initiative and a pro-active attitude
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Experienced medical typist with a minimum speed of 60wpm
- You are comfortable working in a practice that embraces digital technology
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- A problem solver who can think outside the square
- Excellent people skills to relate well to patients, staff and health care professionals
- Flexibility to be able to provide additional coverage for sick and annual leave
- Enjoy working in a team environment