Jobs > Patient Educator – suit Orthoptist or Optometrist
You are someone that has the clinical expertise in orthoptics and ophthalmic assessment, however are seeking a more interactive role where you can make a significant impact to the patient’s journey by administering patient education consultations, developing patient content/information and ongoing patient communication strategies.
We are a specialist ophthalmology practice located in Norwest providing general ophthalmology services as well as glaucoma, medical retina, macular degeneration, cataract surgery and refractive surgery.
The practice consists of 12 doctors, the Practice Manager, a team of orthoptists and reception/administration staff.
The primary purpose of this role is to provide educational support and information to patients in relation to their eye condition/eye disease and in supporting them to understand their diagnosis, the course of medical treatment they will be receiving and how they can actively participate in their ongoing care, prevention and maintenance.
This role works closely with the doctors by supporting and collaborating with them during patient consultations and ongoing patient care management in providing educational support, treatment plan co-ordination and liaison with the surgical team.
This is a full-time position, however may consider 4 days per week. There is parking available onsite.
Your duties and responsibilities are:
- Patient Consultations – conduct post op consultations
- Patient Education – to provide high quality professional educational and information support to patients in 1:1 consultations, educational programs and practice content
- Patient Communication – Contribute in the development of a patient communication program to communicate with new patients and patients during treatment via emails, newsletters, practice website and social media channels
- Patient Relationship Management – Develop, evaluate and maintain patient relationships to ensure patient satisfaction, engagement and loyalty, while helping patients achieve better health outcomes
- Practice Promotion – Assist with marketing and promoting practice eyecare services to referrers and patients
Our ideal Patient Educator will have the following attributes:
- Tertiary qualified as an orthoptist and/or optometrist. Will consider an overseas trained ophthalmologist
- 3-5 years’ experience working as an orthoptist, optometrist or in ophthalmology
- Passionate, energetic, results-focused and a ‘can do’ attitude. You are committed to a high level of integrity and professional standards
- Able to work to deadlines and adapt to changing conditions with the ability to generate effective solutions to new situations and problems as they are presented
- A high level of oral and written communication skills
- Your interpersonal skills are highly developed to be able to interact with all levels of people
- You are meticulous by nature and thrive for excellence every day
- Collaboration, communication and working in a team cohesively is the ideal environment for you.
To apply for this position, please forward your resume to Bernadette at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting: Patient Educator.