Jobs > Practice Manager/Business Manager
Are you a highly motivated & committed strategic Practice/Business Manager that would love to lead and manage a specialist ophthalmic practice?
Being a leader is natural to you and you are drawn to an opportunity where you can utilise your skills and expertise to not only manage the daily activities of a specialist practice, but also play a vital role in the growth of the practice.
You thrive on working both operationally and strategically in a business to achieve ongoing business success, innovation, employee engagement and future development.
Our client is a specialist ophthalmic practice located at Armidale. The practice provides comprehensive general ophthalmic services and currently consists of approximately 10 staff.
You will be working in an environment that is characterised by the highest standard of quality, integrity and providing an outstanding level of customer service, both to patients and staff.
You will be rewarded with a place that you will love to come to work and one where you will be appreciated for your efforts and contribution.
The main objective of the role is to provide overall leadership, business and operational expertise working alongside the Principal. You will also play an integral role in the strategic planning and future development of the practice as the Practice/Business Manager.
The salary offered is dependent upon the candidate’s previous skills and knowledge and a bonus incentive system will be considered after a qualifying period.
The duties and responsibilities are:
- Be an ambassador for the practice in building the brand image, culture and practice core values
- Directly manage and support a team of approximately 10 staff
- Responsible for the recruitment of staff and induction of new employees
- Ongoing monitoring, training and performance management of staff
- Be able to identify business strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats across the business and implement plans to respond to these appropriately
- Ensure the delivery and standard of the organisations’ processes and procedures are maintained at a high standard and accommodate the future growth of the practice
- In conjunction with the Principal, monitor income/expenses and analyse statistical and financial reports
- Develop business and strategic plans to promote the growth and further success of the practice.
To be successful in this position, you will have the following attributes:-
- Previous experience as a Practice Manager/Business Manager/Health Manager working in a medical, hospital and/or dental environment
- A strong and influential leader
- You pride yourself on your ability to develop strong working relationships. Your approach is to collaboratively work with management and staff, to achieve win-win outcomes
- A good understanding of business and financial principles to strategically manage the business
- Able to work to deadlines and adapt to changing conditions with the ability to generate effective solutions to new situations and problems as they are presented
- Able to problem solve both operational and strategic issues through practical and sound approaches
- Highly organised to effectively plan ahead to anticipate problems
- You thrive in working in a challenging and fast paced environment
- A high level of communication and interpersonal skills to be able to interact with all levels of people
- Committed to ongoing professional development to ensure you are kept up to date with changes to legislation and regulations
- Passionate, energetic, results-focused and a ‘can do’ attitude. You are committed to a high level of integrity and professional standards
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting: Practice Manager- Armidale.
For telephone enquiries, please telephone Bernadette on 0414 943 541.