Jobs > Practice Manager
Looking for the next step in your Practice Manager career?
Large Medical Centre located in beautiful Ballina Northern NSW seeks your management expertise
This role is not for the faint hearted. You are a Practice Manager that is a natural born leader, relish in a fast-paced environment and are seeking a new adventure/next chapter in your career.
You thrive on working strategically in a business to achieve ongoing business success, innovation, employee engagement and future development.
Our client is a privately owned, fully accredited GP medical centre and teaching practice located in Ballina, northern NSW. The practice provides a comprehensive range of general practice services across 3 separate buildings and is actively involved in teaching GP registrars, medical and nursing students.
You will be working in an environment that is characterised by the highest standard of professionalism, integrity and outstanding level of customer service, both to patients and staff.
The practice consists of 14 General Practitioners, 6 Registered Nurses, 7 Medical Receptionists and Office Manager. The medical software used is Best Practice.
The main objective of this role is to provide expert advice, guidance and support in overseeing the management of the daily operations of the practice, including developing, implementing and utilising systems that support effective service delivery.
The role reports to the Directors of the practice.
The salary on offer is dependent upon the candidate’s previous skills and knowledge and incentive bonuses will be implemented after the initial probationary period.
Why Join This Practice?
- Perfect role if you are looking for a sea change
- One of the largest practices located in Ballina
- Team is dynamic, friendly and harmonious
- Located in beautiful Ballina with Sydney, Melbourne and Newcastle easily accessible from Ballina Airport
- 1 hour’s drive from Gold Coast Airport and 2 hours from Brisbane
- Excellent primary schools and high schools are located nearby
- Attractive salary and incentive bonuses
- Be appreciated for your expert skills and knowledge
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide quality leadership through clear direction, inspiration and motivation within the team
- Provide overall daily supervision and leadership to the team
- Recruitment of administration/clinical staff and induction of new employees
- Ongoing monitoring, training and performance management of staff
- Provide ongoing planning, co-ordination, monitoring and evaluation of all aspects relating to the practice, and implement improvements/changes where necessary
- Be able to identify business strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats across the business entities and implement plans to respond to these appropriately
- Provide effective financial management by analysing and evaluating budgets, P&Ls
- Ensure the delivery and standard of the organisations’ processes and procedures are maintained at a high standard and accommodate the future growth of the practice
- Work closely with the Directors in setting budgets, reviewing fee schedules and analysing statistical and financial reports
- Develop the ‘brand’ internally and externally and ensure that the business remains competitive by researching and developing new opportunities
- Develop business plan, strategic plans and marketing initiatives to promote the growth and further success of the practice
- Communicate effectively with the Directors, in relation to issues pertaining to the practice and to monitor goals/objectives
- Monitoring and maintenance of office and medical equipment
- Ensure legal compliance by implementing and monitoring applicable HR best practices systems, risk management and WHS
To be successful in this position, you will require the following skills and attributes:
- Previous experience as a Practice Manager working in a large medical practice
- Possession of Certificate IV and/or Diploma of Practice Management or Business Management qualifications will be highly regarded
- Sound knowledge of Best Practice medical software
- Previous experience in managing the ongoing accreditation process (AGPAL)
- A good understanding of business and financial principles to strategically grow the business
- Ability to review and analyse budgets/P&Ls
- You are a strong leader that is able to provide leadership and direction to a large team. You motivate, develop and provide ongoing professional development to ensure that your team are successful as individuals and as a team
- Dynamic, enthusiastic, self-motivated and thrive on working in a fast-paced environment with a role providing challenges and diversity
- You pride yourself on your ability to develop strong work working relationships. Your approach is to collaboratively work with management and staff, to achieve win-win outcomes
- Able to work to deadlines and adapt to changing conditions with the ability to generate effective solutions to new situations and problems as they are presented
- Able to problem solve both operational and strategic issues through practical and sound approaches
Highly organised to effectively plan ahead to anticipate problems
- A high level of communication and interpersonal skills to be able to interact with all levels of people
- Committed to your own ongoing professional development to ensure you are kept up to date with changes to legislation and regulations
- Passionate, energetic, results-focused and a ‘can do’ attitude. You are committed to a high level of integrity and professional standards
Please forward your resume to email@example.com quoting: Practice Manager Ballina.
For telephone enquiries, please telephone Bernadette on 0414 943 541.