Jobs > Practice Manager
New Role – make this role your own!
You are a Senior Medical Secretary/Practice Manager who is a natural born administrator and who is hands-on, relish in working in a specialist environment, can juggle many balls in the air at the one time and are seeking a role that complements your strong organisational skills, high standards and customer service excellence.
You thrive on the challenges of joining a brand-new practice and growing your role in the practice to achieve ongoing business success.
The position is in a new practice opening in July 2021. The practice is located in the Northern Beaches Hospital and specialises in pain medicine providing personalised pain management treatments and day hospital/hospital procedures.
You will also work with a part-time receptionist. The practice management software is Clinic to Cloud.
You will be working in an environment that is dedicated to ensuring that patients receive the highest level of patient care in a professional and comfortable environment. You will be an ambassador of these values and will continue to develop and nurture this culture within the team.
The main objective of this role is to oversee the management of the daily operations of the practice, including developing, implementing and utilising systems that support effective service delivery.
Your role will also be hands on in assisting with practice clinics, organisation of procedure lists and PA duties.
You understand that your role is to ensure that everything gets done by the team to support a specialist practice.
The position will commence part-time working 3.5 days and the hours are as follows:
Monday 9am to 4pm
Wednesday 8.15am to 4pm
Thursday 8.15am to 5.45pm
Friday 8.15am to 12.45pm
However, the practice may consider 4 days per week for the right candidate.
The duties and responsibilities are:
- Provide overall daily supervision and leadership to the team
- Induction of new employees
- Ongoing monitoring, training and performance management of staff
- Assist with practice clinics (answering phone, making appointments, taking payments) and manage procedure list administrative activities
- Provide ongoing planning, coordination, monitoring and evaluation of all aspects relating to the practice, and implement improvements/changes where necessary
- Ensure the delivery and standard of the organisation’s processes and procedures are maintained at a high standard and accommodate the future growth of the practice
- Communicate effectively with the principals in relation to issues pertaining to the practice and to monitor goals/objectives
- Monitoring and maintenance of office and medical equipment
- Ensure legal compliance by implementing and monitoring applicable HR best practices systems, risk management and WHS
- Oversee patient appointment scheduling and communication with patients
- Management and coordination of billings
- Evaluate and monitor practice expenses, including liaison with bookkeeper and accountant
- In conjunction with the principals, develop business and strategic plans and marketing initiatives to promote the growth and further success of the practice.
- Nurture and develop strong relationships with healthcare professionals and stakeholders within the health community
- Coordinate with external suppliers and advisers
- Appreciation and value – a place where your hard work is valued
- Salary commensurate with skills and knowledge
- Complimentary car parking on-site
- Ongoing professional development after qualifying period
To be successful in this position, you will have the following attributes:-
- Previous experience as a Senior Medical Secretary/Practice Manager in a private specialist practice. Previous experience in a pain management environment will be highly regarded, but not essential.
- Competent in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and ability to make good use of technology for efficiency and service
- You understand the operational functions within a specialist practice and the importance of a supervisory role plays in ensuring the smooth operational daily function and in communicating with the principals
- Highly organised to work to deadlines and adapt to changing conditions with the ability to generate effective solutions to new situations and problems as they are presented
- Passionate, energetic, results-focused and a ‘can do’ attitude. You are committed to a high level of integrity and professional standards
- A high level of communication and interpersonal skills to be able to interact with all levels of people
- Committed to ongoing professional development to ensure you are kept up to date with changes to legislation and regulations